Chocolate-Cherry Chipotle Chili
(Recipe courtesy of Robb Wolf, Zoned Recipe courtesy of Eatology)
For a 2B portion, this will serve 13 meals and 8 meals for a 3B portion.
2 T EVOO (16Bfat)
3 small yellow onions, chopped about 2 2/3c (3B Carb)
3c Frozen Sweet Cherries, thawed diced (12BCarb)
4 bell peppers, finely diced (4Bcarb)
1 bay leaf
6 large garlic cloves, minced
2.5 lb lean ground beef (26B Pro)
1 T dried oregano
1/4 c ground cumin
1/4 c chili powder
1/4 c cocoa powder (7Bfat,5Bcarb,2Bpro)
1.5 t ground allspice
1.5 t salt
6 oz can tomato paste (3.5Bcarb)
28 oz can fire roasted tomatoes ( .5Bcarb)
5 chipotle chilies in adobo, minced
28 oz beef or chicken stock (homemade bone broth preferred)
1.5 c water
2 T balsamic vinegar
5 T avocado, chunked (5Bfat)
1. Heat oil in large heavy bottomed pot. Add onions; sauté until translucent and bell peppers. Add bay leaf.
2. Add garlic, stir for 30 seconds until fragrant.
3. Add beef, brown evenly.
4. Add spices, tomato products, stock and water. Mix well to incorporate.
5. Allow to simmer uncovered for 2 hours. Add vinegar, taste, and adjust spices as necessary.
6. Garnish with diced avocado and chopped cilantro if desired. Enjoy!